Cosmetic Dermatology caters to patients looking to maintain their youthful appearance by reversing the signs of aging or wanting to make aesthetic changes or improvements to their skin.
The field of dermatology is divided into two branches –medical and cosmetic.
Both fields provide a service as they help patients improve the appearance of their skin while also ensuring that their skin is at optimum health.
Cosmetic dermatology caters to patients looking to maintain their youthful appearance by reversing the signs of aging or wanting to make aesthetic changes or improvements to their skin.
While these are still medical treatments, the requirement is more of a desire and not a medical urgency. There is no threat to life or limb should you not have these procedures.
It’s remains a super popular medical specialty, and the statistics prove it.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, cosmetic physicians in the United States performed more than 17.7 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures in 2018 (a 2% increase from 2017), and there were 15.9 million minimally invasive cosmetic procedures performed in 2018 (up 2%).
With the increasing availability of emerging technology along with cutting-edge techniques and devices that provide safe and effective aesthetic treatments, it’s no wonder why there is a growing demand for it.
On the other side of the dermatology spectrum is Medical Dermatology. This discipline focuses on addressing medical conditions affecting the health and appearance of skin in patients.
While cosmetic dermatologists put the spotlight on “desire,” medical dermatologists target the “disease” aspect of dermatology and solely treats skin ailments to reduce health risks.
Why Cosderm UK?
· Our London clinic run by Dr Virmani who holds a special interest in Dermatology. We have the skills to assess your personal needs, create a treatment plan to suit your skin and body.
· We are trained to offer you a full range of medical, surgical and laser techniques available dealing with the smallest blemish, or for complete facial rejuvenation.
· All treatments are performed in Covid safe environments, which include regular biocidal fumigation, Airvia medical filters, and plasma machines.
· We listen to you and work with you, to create a holistic plan for life enhancing treatment dealing from nutrition to invasive procedures.
· We have a good cohort of international clients who love us and are committed to us. Their loyalty is a testimonial to our services.
· We believe in building lifelong relationships with our patients and are available for them 24/7.